Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning Bank 18- Roles and function of an educational media center.

                         I learned from this lesson that EMC ( Educational Media Center) is a basic requirement for a school to render quality service that can help other schools to fulfill its mission and vision and also to promote the full effective use of educational media. EMC serves a myriad of roles: center of resources; laboratory for learning; agent of teaching; service agency; coordinating agency; recreational reading center and a stepping stone to other resources of the community. I also learned that what are those evaluation question for a functional EMC according to Lucido and Borabo, 1997 and its all about the institutional media services, media and instruction, classrooms facilities, and media program.

                         I can apply my learning to my chosen field by improving my learning's about technology/instructional media so that if I am in the classroom I will serve as EMC to my students so that i can promote the full effective use of educational media and make their learning more efficient and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment